A COMMUNITY SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR AUSTRALIAN MARKETERS
For those who don’t know, Drayton Bird was named one of the 50 most influential marketers in the world, long before the term “influencer” lost all credibility thanks to the cyber-hustlers. His marketing books have been best sellers in 17 languages for more than 35 years.
David Ogilvy stated:
“Drayton knows more about direct marketing than anyone else“.
I first met Drayton on a conference harbour cruise in Sydney in 1984, when he spoke at his first Australian marketing industry function. Most of the delegates jumped onto the early party boat, not realising there were two vessels. So the handful of us who remained, including Drayton and his then wife Ce Ce, boarded the second boat. We ate kilos of prawns and oysters, while drinking heartily for our respective countries, well into the wee hours.
Little did I know it would start a regular pass-time whenever we got together.
We eventually ended up at Ogilvy & Mather Direct with the same boss – David Ogilvy. We then both left Ogilvy at a similar time and have delivered marketing seminars together ever since – in the UK, Europe, Asia, Australia and NZ.
So it is with a slightly sad heart I announce Drayton is about to conduct his final two Australian seminars ever. One in Melbourne (15/11/17) and one in Sydney (21/11/17).
It’s his Last Hurrah – and we’re calling it “Cocktails with Drayton”
But it’s not the usual one-day affair. Instead, over cocktails and canapes, Drayton is going to share his infinite wisdom, gained through hard work and toil, during a career spanning some 50+ years in the marketing and advertising industries.
If you think we live in the age of disruption now, think again. You haven’t known disruption like Drayton has known it. He remembers when marketing moved from no computers to a big mainframe computer. To quote a famous Aussie actor “that’s not disruption…this is disruption!”
I suggest you’ll likely learn more about marketing at Cocktails with Drayton than many do in their entire career.
It could save you years of learning on the job, as well as make you lots of money.
Here’s what you’ll get at Cocktails with Drayton:
- The big three marketing questions – (most businesses ignore them)
- Millions down the drain – because of “upside down marketing”
- The Creative Magic Bullet
- Video reveals what Ogilvy REALLY thought about Drayton
- Do people have any idea what the hell you sell?
- What would your boss love you to do? Confucius tells you
- THIS gives the best ROI. Yet it probably doesn’t for you – here’s why
- The irresistible rise of bullshit – a warning!
- The man who dared to tell the truth
- Are you coddling your people enough?
- The second wisest man Drayton ever worked with
- What IS the golden rule?
- The timeless realities of marketing so often ignored
- A Guided Tour of Marketing Lunacy
- Why does your agency talk such utter **it?
- Does that slogan sell for you?
- Why do the best people quit? An Ogilvy story explains.
PLUS three FREE digital books:
- “How to Write Sales Letters (And Emails) That Sell”
- “How to Get a Better Job”
- “How even a Business Idiot like me made a million or two”
The session will be full of examples and anecdotes, as well as plenty of humour.
During his career, Drayton has inspired loads of successful executives:
“Your books are among my most valued possessions, and easily among the greatest ever written on advertising, right up there with those by Caples, Ogilvy, Schwab, Reeves and Hopkins.”
– Gary Bencivenga, widely regarded before retirement as the world’s best direct marketing copywriter
“What a kick that was! I feel like I’ve just spent an hour with the Pope … you triggered so many great ideas and confirmed so many closely held beliefs of mine, well, believe it or not, words fail …”
– Clayton Makepeace, the world’s highest paid copywriter
“Drayton Bird is a wise and wily direct marketer. People all over the world have been lucky enough to learn from him.”
– Sir Martin Sorrell, founder of WPP
“Witty and practical, but never boring. A great book to read and re-read and one that I wish I had read earlier in my career.”
– Joe Sugarman. Copywriter, author, multi-millionaire pioneer of infomercials – at one time America’s largest single seller of electronic products
Curiously, even though I’ve heard more of Drayton’s presentations than anyone else on the planet, I always learn something useful from them. And you will too.
So if you want to meet one of the world’s leading marketing legends, before he retires from international speaking, you’d better book your ticket today.
If you have a young team of digital marketers, they’ll gain enormously from Drayton’s wisdom and so will your bottom line. And there will never be another chance to do so.
If you’re heard Drayton speak before, you’ll know his sessions are always both educational and entertaining. So why not treat yourself and your team to this rare opportunity?
Book your tickets here today:
I make no apologies for this blatant plug, as I view it as a community service announcement for the Australian marketing industry.
Having attended so many events featuring alleged digital marketing experts, I know the enormous value of Drayton’s experience. And the marketing industry desperately needs to learn from a legitimate practitioner who knows what works, rather than from those who pretend to know, as they try to fake digital marketing authenticity.
Plus it’s a good excuse for a drink with a few colleagues.
See you there…